About This Course
This self-paced online module was created by the Military Families Learning Network’s Early Intervention team to explore childhood trauma, disability, and trauma-informed practices in early childhood settings.
The interactive module includes four units that cover the prevalence and impact of trauma, manifestation of trauma in young children, providing trauma-informed supports, and preventing future trauma. It is designed to be a high-level overview of the topic and a starting point for professionals working with young children and their families.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- This FD Early Intervention module offers 4.5 CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois for providers in Illinois. To learn more about EITP, go to https://eitp.education.illinois.edu/
- Michigan will offer 4.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for this webinar. Michigan providers must include their PIC number as directed on the post-test to receive SCECHs.
- The following states have agreed to recognize the CE credits we supply: Georgia
- We are actively seeking recognition of our credits by other states. Please check back periodically for updates.
- Participants will be eligible for credits and a certificate of completion upon finishing the module in its entirety and passing a post-test.
To Register and Access the Module:
Participants in this course are invited to self-enroll and proceed through the module at their own pace. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to eXtension Online Campus
- Follow the links and directions as prompted to “Create New Account”, then watch for an email confirming your new account. If you don’t get it, request assistance by following the Help link at https://campus.extension.org
- Login with your new account at https://campus.extension.org
- Search for the course using the keyword “Trauma” or follow this link to the course.
- Click the course title and then click “Enroll Me”. You do not need an enrollment key.
- You can now access the course.
*Note: You will need to login with the username and password you created each time you access the module. Please make a note of this information.
Content Author and Developers:
- The Adobe Flash Version 9 or better is required to view the online modules. You can download the latest version for free from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Flash is not supported on all devices. Therefore, avoid using iPads, iPhones, and certain Android devices.
- Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer are the best browsers to use.
Questions related to accessing this module can be sent to MFLNFDEarlyIntervention@gmail.com