This is the last of 5 podcasts in a learning experience (learn more and subscribe) focusing on using elements of the Working Out Loud process, positive psychology, behavioral science and more to build social support networks to improve our resilience.
This episode highlights growth mindset…the belief that you can grow and change, and that others can grow and change as well.
1 Thing for This Week
Taking time for reflection can help you cultivate a growth mindset.
- Make space in your calendar for reflection.
- You can schedule time once a week or a smaller amount of time each day, but schedule it in your calendar and honor it like you would any other appointment.
- Use this time to think about your day or week – what did you hope to accomplish, what do you need to do tomorrow or next week to keep moving forward?
- One way to structure your reflection is to use the WOOP framework.
- Wish – what was your wish for the day or week
- Outcome – what actually happened
- Obstacle – what kept you from reaching your “wish”
- Plan – what can you do to overcome those obstacles next time
Here are the resources we mentioned in the podcast this week.
- Carol Dweck on the Growth Mindset
- Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- WOOP (Work, Outcome, Obstacle, Plan)
Share Your Experience
We want to hear from you, and for you to hear from others who are sharing this learning experience, so we have created several spaces for you to discuss and reflect on this experience, and to share your progress.
- #wolresilience – use this hashtag on Twitter or Instagram to join the conversation.
- 612-524-9965 – call or text us at this number. If you leave a voicemail about your experience, we may share it on a future podcast.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – email us with your questions about and insights into this learning experience.
- Anchor – listen to our special content on Anchor.fm and use the Anchor app to leave an audio message.
- Our theme is “Something Elated” by Broke for Free CC BY 3.0
- Break 1: “Sunburst” by Tobu & Itro CC BY 3.0
- Break 2: “Alice in the City” by Jeris CC BY 3.0
- Break 3: “Silverdirt” by J1* CC BY 3.0
- Break 4: “Blind Love Dub” by Jeris CC BY 3.0
- Break 5: “Watching From Red Hill” by Art of Escapism CC BY-SA 3.0
- Break 6: “Modulation of the Spirit” by Little Glass Men CC BY 3.0