Jessica Hardy, Ph.D.
2020 EI Webinar Series Presenter
Dr. Jessica Hardy received her Ph.D. in early childhood special education from Vanderbilt University and her M.Ed. and B.A. from the University of Florida. She taught in Portland, OR as a Head Start teacher and an early childhood special education teacher. Jessica’s primary research interests are supporting social-emotional development; evidence-based instructional practices, particularly for teaching early math and science; and early childhood coaching and professional development.
- Behavior Basics: Laying the Groundwork for Positive Change
- Creating Space: Arranging Environments to Promote Positive Behavior
- Let’s Work Together: Building Relationships with Families to Support Positive Behavior
- Make New Friends: Promoting Friendship and Belonging
- What is Challenging Behavior? What Can We Do About It?
- Collecting Data on Challenging Behavior
- Using the Environment to Support Children’s Engagement and Appropriate Behavior
- Expanding Understanding of Classroom Rules
- Building Relationships with Children’s Families Can Make a Big Difference
- Working Together Isn’t Always Easy
- Why Can’t They Be Friends?
- Unpacking Stay-Play-Talk