October 28, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
About this Session:
Session two of the series takes an in-depth look at disaster and hazard impacts and responses. Dr. Lindsey discusses impacts from several vantage points—social and emotional, family and community, agricultural and environment, and housing and food security. She addresses response phases, factors impacting community recovery, and what professionals and families can do now for better outcomes using a whole community response and recovery approach.
- Discuss at least ten of the impacts from hazards and disasters from overall impacts to impacts on individuals and families.
- Determine at least five factors that impact community response and recovery.
- Identify three tools/tactics communities use to respond to and recover from hazards and disasters.
Continuing Education Credit:
The Military Families Learning Network is applying for continuing education credit for this session. More information and details will be listed below as they become available.
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CEUs for FinCert Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC).
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CE credits for AFCPE Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC).
- A certificate of completion will be available.
Military Family Readiness Academy
This session is part of the 2020, Disaster and Hazard Readiness Foundations series. Visit the series homepage to learn more about the series, facilitator and other and special activities being offered.
To register for this session please RSVP for the Disaster and Hazard Readiness Foundations series. RSVP here!
Email us at MilFamLN@gmail.com or leave a comment below if you have any questions or comments regarding this session.