September 16, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
About this Session:
The first session in this year’s Academy series provides a bird’s-eye view of disasters and hazards. Dr. Lindsey begins with a high-level overview addressing terminology, phases of management, and types of disasters and hazards. She provides insights into significant research guiding disaster and hazard readiness and response, as well as the role and impact of media, and emergent conversations around the COVID-19 pandemic. She also discusses integrated disaster management and what this entails at state, federal, local, and individual levels. Throughout the session Dr. Lindsey encourages reflection and engagement around our own experiences with disasters at multiple levels. Stay tuned for more information about the guest speaker and other activities surrounding this session!
- Identify and define at least five different types of hazards and disasters including their historical and theoretical frameworks.
- Describe multiple disaster and hazard management operations at federal, state, and local levels.
- Differentiate the supports in place to assist with hazards and disasters before, during, and after they occur.
Continuing Education Credit:
The Military Families Learning Network is applying for continuing education credit for this session. More information and details will be listed below as they become available.
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CEUs for FinCert Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC).
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CE credits for AFCPE Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC).
- A certificate of completion will be available.
Military Family Readiness Academy
This session is part of the 2020, Disaster and Hazard Readiness Foundations series. Visit the series homepage to learn more about the series, facilitator and other and special activities being offered.
To register for this session please RSVP for the Disaster and Hazard Readiness Foundations series. RSVP here!
Email us at MilFamLN@gmail.com or leave a comment below if you have any questions or comments regarding this session.