- This event has passed.
Overview of Treatment for Children Impacted by Problematic Sexual Behavior of Other Youth
Thu February 25th: 11:00 am-12:30 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
When a child is sexually abused by a youngster exhibiting Problematic Sexual Behaviors (PSB), the child and the child’s nonoffending caregiver could benefit from Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). To best support the family, it is important to facilitate the engagement of both the caregiver and the child in treatment and encourage their gradual participation in skill-building and trauma processing therapeutic activities.
This webinar provides an overview of treatment for caregivers and children impacted by the Problematic Sexual Behavior (PSB) of other youth using a Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) framework. Dr. Deblinger focuses on the sequela for the impacted child and the caregiver. Information and qualities of evidence-based treatment for the family are also addressed.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will:
- Understand when and why treatment for children impacted by the PSB of other youth may be important
- Have a general understanding of the application of TF-CBT with this population
- Receive overview information about the PRACTICE components of TF-CBT and how they are applied to this population
Dr. Esther Deblinger is co-founder and co-director of the Child Abuse Research Education and Service (CARES) Institute and a Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at Rowan University in Stratford, New Jersey.
She and her collaborators, Drs. Judith Cohen and Anthony Mannarino, developed and extensively tested Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), an evidence-based treatment program that has evolved as the standard of care for children and families impacted by trauma.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credits has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar offers Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours.
- Certificates of completion are also available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
For questions about continuing education opportunities, email MFLN FD at email@example.com.
This webinar is part of the Sexual Behavior in Children & Youth (SBCY) Series hosted by MFLN Family Development. For more information on other trainings on this topic, visit the series homepage!