- This event has passed.
Healthy Moms, Happy Babies I: Supporting Staff to Help Families Remotely
Thu October 1, 2020: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
We care deeply about you. We know many of you are exhausted and overwhelmed in both your work and personal life. COVID-19 affects all of us – from the military families we serve, to our own relationships and families. Military family readiness staff deserve care just as much as the families we serve.
Our approach provides strategies to help staff recognize their own stress and learn new skills to better manage that stress and find balance. We believe to best prepare staff to effectively work with families, we must support them and create system changes to help them, their supervisors, and their managers strengthen readiness for larger organizational change in a supportive, caring environment.
We will close the session with a webinar debrief of the overall session and a gratitude exercise led by our presenter!
As a result of this session, staff will be able to:
- Define Healing-Centered Engagement
- Learn two ways to better support themselves in this important work
- Understand the concept of attunement and ways to apply this in their personal and professional lives
Rebecca Levenson, M.A., is a former Senior Policy Analyst and now a consultant for FUTURES Without Violence. A nationally-recognized researcher, educator, advocate, and speaker, on domestic violence she has worked extensively within primary care, adolescent, reproductive and perinatal health within federal and state programs, community clinics, FQHCs (Federally Qualified Health Centers), and home visitation programs for the past 22 years.
She is the architect for FUTURES evidence-based intervention called CUES—which calls into question the limitations of disclosure-driven practices for screening for domestic violence highlighting the power of relationship building through universal education and altruism. Ms. Levenson is the co-author of numerous publications and domestic violence training resources, including FUTURES Healthy Moms/Happy Babies curricula on how to address domestic violence for home visitation programs.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credit has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar offers Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
This webinar is Part 1 of 2 webinars on Healthy Moms, Happy Babies Curriculum. Watch the archived recording of Part 2, “Healthy Moms, Happy Babies II: Virtually Supporting Parents Experiencing Domestic Abuse” on the event page here!
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels