In an Instant: A Caregiver’s Journey of Injury, Recovery & Resilience
Thu November 19th: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
In this webinar, Woodruff discusses her family’s story when her ABC News journalist husband, Bob Woodruff, was hit by a roadside bomb while reporting on the war in Iraq. She shares her perspective on what got her through, the advice she has for others and offer ways caregivers can relieve stress and reach for joy.
- Provide caregivers a perspective on injury and recovery
- Offer tips and activities for caregivers to care for themselves
- Inform and educate regarding coping strategies
As co-author of the best-selling In an Instant, Lee Woodruff garnered critical acclaim for the compelling and humorous chronicle of her family’s journey to recovery following her husband Bob’s roadside bomb injury in Iraq. Appearing together on national television and radio since the February 2007 publication of their book, the couple has helped put a face on the serious issue of traumatic brain injury among returning Iraq war veterans, as well as the millions of Americans who live with this often invisible, but life-changing affliction.
They have founded the Bob Woodruff Foundation to assist wounded service members and their families. To date, the foundation has raised more than $70 million to help veterans successfully reintegrate into their communities and receive critical long-term care.
Woodruff has been a contributing reporter for “CBS This Morning” and “Good Morning America.” Her best-selling book “Perfectly Imperfect – A Life in Progress,” was followed by her first novel “Those We Love Most.”
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- For a complete list of Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Military Families