- This event has passed.
Medicaid & Medicare: Important Resources in a Time of National Health Crisis
Wed June 24th: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Over their fifty plus year history, both the Medicaid and Medicare programs have proven valuable and adaptable in the face of changing national health needs and priorities. These programs may provide health coverage and access for military families as they do for millions of Americans in a variety of familial, financial, and health situations. Whether in response to a disaster caused by a hurricane, a downturn in the economy, or in the face of the unprecedented COVID-19 health crisis, public officials turn to Medicare and Medicaid to help provide solutions and care. This webinar provides updates on how these programs are helping to meet the needs of Americans, especially in uncertain times.
Provide an overview of both Medicaid and Medicare programs and why they might be important to military families.
- Review policy developments related to funding, eligibility criteria, and services.
- Identify changes and updates to Medicare and Medicaid services in 2020.
- Examine coordination of benefits such as health coverage and prescription drugs
Andrew B. Crocker
Extension Program Specialist
Gerontology & Health
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Christopher Plein, Ph.D.
Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service
West Virginia University
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- For a complete list of Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Military Families