- This event has passed.
The Spouse Education & Career Opportunities Program Overview
Wed July 22, 2020: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
This webinar provides an overview of the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program and related resources offered through Military OneSource. Participants learn about education and employment resources available to military spouses and offerings available to service members and their families to connect to their best MilLife.
Director, Military Community Support Programs
Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
Lee Kelley assumed the duties of director of Military Community Support Programs for Military Community and Family Policy on July 24, 2017. As director, Ms. Kelley is responsible for the leadership, management and oversight of three centrally funded Department of Defense multimillion dollar programs – Military OneSource, Military and Family Life Counseling, and the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Program. Military OneSource and Military and Family Life Counseling provide non-medical counseling, which is confidential, short-term counseling designed to address a range of concerns that may detract from military and family readiness.
Prior to her assignment as director, Ms. Kelley served as a senior program analyst in the Office of Military Family Readiness Policy within the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy. In this assignment, she was responsible for programs and policies to promote the well- being, readiness and quality of life of more than one million military families.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- For a complete list of Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Military Families