- This event has passed.
Supporting Youth to Set Healthy Boundaries with Technology
Wed June 10, 2020: 12:00 pm-1:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Presenters in this webinar engage military family readiness system professionals on the use of technology amongst adolescents, how technology is used to harm, and what caring adults can do to educate and empower youth in their lives to take action to end technology-facilitated abuse.
This webinar also focuses on teaching professionals how to recognize the connections between adolescent problematic sexual behavior and youth relationship violence. Through interactive discussion, participants identify safety strategies and resources to promote healthy relationship skills with adolescents in their lives.
Jasmine Uribe is a leader in the dating abuse prevention movement and joined Break the Cycle in 2010. With nearly 15 years of experience working with youth and communities, she now serves as Chief Program Officer. In this role, she is responsible for developing the strategy for Break the Cycle’s national social impact and partnership efforts to end relationship violence.
These efforts include supervising staff in the development of curricula and prevention education efforts, communication and social media strategies, trainings for adult professionals and allies, youth leadership, and community activism.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credit has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar offers Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- Webinar Slides | Printable PDF
- Break the Cycle | Homepage
- eTAG | Homepage
- Webinar Flyer | PDF
- Sexual Behavior in Children and Youth | Series Flyer (PDF)
This webinar is part of the Sexual Behavior in Children & Youth (SBCY) Series hosted by MFLN Family Development. For more information and other trainings on this topic, visit the series homepage!