Creating Space: Arranging Environments to Promote Positive Behavior
Tue June 16th: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
The environmental arrangement of a classroom, child care center, or family home can impact behavior. This webinar provides practical strategies and resources early childhood practitioners can easily implement in their work. Useful tools for navigating transitions, routines, and communicating expectations and rules are shared. Presenters suggest ways to arrange learning centers, toys, and other objects to promote positive behavior for children with and without disabilities.
Jessica Hardy received her Ph.D. in early childhood special education from Vanderbilt University and her M.Ed. and B.A. from the University of Florida. She taught in Portland, OR as a Head Start teacher and an early childhood special education teacher. Jessica’s primary research interests are supporting social-emotional development; evidence-based instructional practices, particularly for teaching early math and science; and early childhood coaching and professional development.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- This FD Early Intervention webinar offers CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois for providers in Illinois. To learn more about EITP, go to https://eitp.education.illinois.edu/
- The following states have agreed to recognize the EI CE credits we offer: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and service coordinators in Washington
- For providers in Alabama, this webinar offers 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours which may be applied to Alabama’s Early Intervention System for individuals with no certification or licensure requirement for continuing education.
- This webinar provides annual professional development hours for providers in: Kansas, and West Virginia (Birth to Three program)
- Approved for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program through the National Council on Family Relations
- This is a Gateways to Opportunity Registry-approved Training for early care and education professionals in Illinois.
- We continue to seek additional recognition from other states. Please check back frequently for updates.
Intentional Design: Promoting Positive Behavior | Series
This four-part webinar series will focus on promoting positive behavior in young children. Throughout the series, our highly respected presenters will take us through important topics related to promoting positive behavior across home, preschool, and childcare settings for young children with and without disabilities.