- This event has passed.
Behavior Basics: Laying the Groundwork for Positive Change
Tue March 24, 2020: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Professionals working with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are likely to encounter challenging behavior. This webinar reviews the ABCs of behavior (antecedent, behavior, consequence) and helps professionals identify the function of behavior. Dr. Hardy explains the ways in which multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) can be utilized to manage challenging behavior for all children, but especially children with disabilities or who have experienced trauma. The use of tally sheets, forms, and checklists to inform decisions that support positive behavior and sustain behavioral change is also addressed.
Jessica Hardy received her Ph.D. in early childhood special education from Vanderbilt University and her M.Ed. and B.A. from the University of Florida. She taught in Portland, OR as a Head Start teacher and an early childhood special education teacher. Jessica’s primary research interests are supporting social-emotional development; evidence-based instructional practices, particularly for teaching early math and science; and early childhood coaching and professional development.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- This FD Early Intervention webinar offers CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois for providers in Illinois. To learn more about EITP, go to https://eitp.education.illinois.edu/
- The following states have agreed to recognize the EI CE credits we offer: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and service coordinators in Washington
- For providers in Michigan, this webinar offers 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs).
- For providers in Alabama, this webinar offers 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours which may be applied to Alabama’s Early Intervention System for individuals with no certification or licensure requirement for continuing education.
- This webinar provides annual professional development hours for providers in: Kansas, and West Virginia (Birth to Three program)
- Approved for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program through the National Council on Family Relations
- This is a Gateways to Opportunity Registry-approved Training for early care and education professionals in Illinois.
- Completion of this webinar activity qualifies for Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)-approved Professional Development Hours for teachers in Illinois.
- A certificate of completion for general use is also available.
- We continue to seek additional recognition from other states. Please check back frequently for updates.
Intentional Design: Promoting Positive Behavior | Series
This four-part webinar series will focus on promoting positive behavior in young children. Throughout the series, our highly respected presenters will take us through important topics related to promoting positive behavior across home, preschool, and childcare settings for young children with and without disabilities.
ABC Recording Form A (PDF) – Download/Print for use in webinar session