- This event has passed.
Housing and Foreclosure for Military Families
February 2, 2012 at 11:00 am-12:30 pm EST
CEU approval for MFLN Personal Finance webinars expires 3 years after the live event. CEUs are no longer available for this webinar. For more information and to earn CEUs from more current webinars click here.
Laura Royer and Brandon Peterson, of the University of Florida and Florida Extension, will present solutions to preventing, alternatives and navigating through foreclosure in this hour and a half web conference for Professional Personal Finance Managers who work with Military Families.
- A 90-minute presentation on alternatives, prevention, and navigating through the foreclosure process for military families.
- Selling a home during economic downturn, what to do if a home is underwater.
- Understand various foreclosure prevention options
- Identify the appropriate waterfall process when applying options for foreclosure prevention
- Understanding the role of a HUD-approved counselor within this process
- Typical paperwork a client will need to gather when working with the financial institution.
How to Join
Please join the web conference here. Log on a few minutes before 11 a.m. EST on Feb. 2 as a guest.
Laura Royer, Extension Faculty, in Family and Consumer Sciences, the University of Florida-IFAS Extension. She holds HUD certifications and provides loan modification counseling.
Brandon Peterson is a Housing Counselor or Co-Coordinator of the Florida Master Money Mentor Program, of Florida’s Family, Youth and Community Sciences, also at the University of Florida. Peterson is also HUD-certified.