- This event has passed.
Stress in Young Children from Military Families
Wednesday Sep 19, 2012 at 2:00 pm-3:00 pm EDT
CE credit is not available for this webinar.
The Child Care concentration of the Military Families Learning Network is proud to announce this presentation of our Child Care and Military Families web conference series.
This web conference will discuss:
- How the brain processes different levels of stress
- Sources of stress for young children in military families
- Common signs of stress in young children of different ages
- Strategies for child care providers help children manage stresses related to military life
Diane Bales, Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, and Extension Human Development Specialist, The University of Georgia
William Mosier, Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education, Wright State University and Lt. Colonel in the United States Air Force Reserves
- What Child Care Providers Need to Understand about Stress in Military Children. eXtension Alliance for Better Child Care, 2012.
- Strategies Child Care Providers Can Use to Help Young Children in Military Families Relieve Stress. eXtension Alliance for Better Child Care, 2012.
- Stress and Brain Development. Better Brains for Babies, 2012.
- Essentials for Those Who Care for Military Children and Families. Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress.
CONNECT with our online communities for the latest resources, info and conversations:
- LinkedIn: Search for the group “Early Care & Education and Military Families”
- Twitter: Follow @milchildcare (note: now inactive)
- Military Child Care Blog