- This event has passed.
Welcome to the Group: Inclusion for Young Children with Autism
December 4 at 11:00 am-12:30 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
Child care providers and preschool teachers need to use best-practices to successfully include young children with autism and related disorders in their programs. This webinar will discuss best practices for including all children (birth-5) in program activities. Presenters will define what is inclusion and the benefits of including young children with autism and related disorders in child care and preschool settings. They will also discuss best practices professionals can use to include young children with autism and identify social and physical modifications for the environment that could support successful inclusion.
Dr. Mandy Rispoli is an Associate Professor of Special Education in the Department of Educational Studies at Purdue University and the co-director of the Purdue Autism Cluster. She earned her PhD in special education with a concentration in autism and developmental disabilities from the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Rispoli is also a Board Certified Behavior Analyst at the doctoral level. Her research focuses on functional behavior assessment and function-based intervention for challenging behavior in children with autism and developmental disabilities.
Dr. Hedda Meadan is a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois, a Goldstick Family Scholar, and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Dr. Meadan’s areas of interest include social-communication skills and challenging behavior of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities and intervention methods to enhance these spheres of functioning.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click one of the appropriate buttons below for CE credit or Certificate of Completion. Click only ONE button.
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
Participants seeking state early intervention CE credits and/or certificate of completion click the Continuing Education Credit/Certificate button below.
Participants seeking BACB credits click the BACB Continuing Education Credit button below. State early intervention CE credits can be obtained via this button. BACB credits are only available for participants who attended the live webinar and complete the post-test within 24 hours. This button will expire Dec 5 at 12:30 pm EST.
- This FD Early Intervention webinar offers CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois for providers in Illinois. To learn more about EITP, go to https://eitp.education.illinois.edu/
- Attention BCBAs:
- One and a half (1.5) BACB CE credits are available for attending the LIVE webinar event only.
- Please arrive on time to ensure your attendance is noted for the duration of the webinar.
- Those attending the live event for BACB CE credits must log in individually. Group logins are not permitted for those seeking BACB CE credits.
- The following states have agreed to recognize the CE credits we offer: Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and service coordinators in Washington.
- Providers in Connecticut can receive contact hours applicable towards their certification or licensing renewal requirements from this webinar.
- Michigan will offer 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for this webinar.
- This webinar provides annual professional development hours for providers enrolled in the West Virginia Birth to Three program.
- Professionals in Wyoming can receive PTSB credit for this four-part webinar series in its entirety. Individuals must complete each webinar and post-test to receive any PTSB credit. No partial credit will be awarded.
- We continue to seek additional recognition from other states. Please check back frequently for updates.
Supporting Children with Autism Through Their Day | Series
This four-part webinar series will focus on supporting young children with autism and their families. Throughout the series, our highly respected presenters will take us through important steps in the lives of families of children with autism and related disorders.