- This event has passed.
Preparing Caregivers to Communicate Effectively Using Three Types of Communication Skills
Thursday Apr 10, 2014 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
Caregivers communicate with a variety of individuals including, health care professionals, family members, military professionals, and their wounded warriors, throughout their caregiver journey. Many times though, professionals and caregivers conversations can go astray, resulting in misunderstanding and ultimately hindering the relationship between the two parties. During this webinar, the presenter will identify three types of communication skills that will change the way professionals and caregivers have communicated in the past.
- Distinguish the differences between the communication skills of “I messages,” Assertive, and Aikido and the types of situations they are best used in.
- Identify caregiver situations where professionals could use one of the communication styles.
- Prepare to use one of the communication skills.
Mary Brintnall-Peterson, Ph.D.
Owner, MBP Consulting, LLC
Professor Emeritus, University of Wisconsin-Extension
How to Join the Webinar
- To connect to this webinar, which is hosted by DoD, you must install security certificates if you are not on a military installation. Instructions can be found here.
- For those who cannot connect to the Adobe site, an alternative viewing of this webinar will be running on Ustream.
- You can also connect to the Adobe webinars using the iPhone, iPad, and Droid apps. Search for DCO Connect in the respective stores.
- No registration is required.