- This event has passed.
Hidden Heroes: America’s Military Caregivers
Thu June 19, 2014: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
Military caregivers play an essential role in caring for injured or wounded service members and veterans. Yet playing this role can impose a substantial physical, emotional, and financial toll on caregivers. This presentation will provide an overview of RAND’s recent study that examined the magnitude of military caregiving in the United States and assessed the array of policies, programs, and services available to support the men and women who render this care.
During this session, Terri Tanielian and Rajeev Ramchand will present results from the RAND study on:
- The size and makeup of the military caregiver population
- Differences between caregivers who support pre-9/11 and post-9/11 service members
- The burdens experienced as a result of performing caregiving duties
- Gaps in services and supports
- Recommendations for providing better support for military and veteran caregivers now and in the future.
Rajeev Ramchand, Ph.D.
Senior Behavioral Scientist
Terri Tanielian, MA
Senior Social Research Analyst