- This event has passed.
TRICARE in 2019: What You Need to Know
March 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
2019 brings a number of important changes and improvements to the TRICARE benefit as well as the Military Health System. This presentation will review important information about TRICARE for 2019, including enrollment requirements, current and upcoming changes to the benefit, and changes to the military health system.
- Describe the changes to the TRICARE benefit for 2019.
- Identify preventative services covered by TRICARE and how to access them.
- Understand enrollment requirements.
- Describe ongoing changes to the Military Health System and how they will impact beneficiaries.
Captain Edward Simmer currently serves as the Chief Clinical Officer for the TRICARE Health Plan at the Defense Health Agency in Falls Church, VA. In this role he is responsible for overseeing all clinical aspects of the civilian medical and dental care provided to the 9.4 million beneficiaries of the Military Health System. He has a M.D. degree from Saint Louis University and completed his Psychiatry Residency at Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth. He is Board Certified in General and Forensic Psychiatry.
Captain Simmer has served 27 years of active duty in the Navy, with duties including Commanding Officer of Naval Hospital Oak Harbor, Executive Officer Naval Hospital Beaufort, Senior Executive Director of Psychological Health at the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and TBI, and Director for Quality at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. He served as the General Medical Officer on the U.S.S. Enterprise (CVN-65), and Division Psychiatrist for 2d Marine Division. He has also deployed to Iraq with the 113th Combat Stress Control Company and served as Head of the Navy’s Special Psychiatric Rapid Intervention Team (SPRINT) for nine years, leading responses to numerous traumatic incidents, including Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina and the U.S.S. Cole (DDG-67) bombing.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit or certificate of completion
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.