- This event has passed.
Back to Basics: Medicare
Wednesday Jan 27, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EST
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is the largest health payer in the United States, covering almost 90 million Americans. Medicare, the federal health insurance program for adults over age 65 and other qualified individuals, accounts for more than 48 million of those Americans through expenditures of more than $545 billion. But what is Medicare? How does it work? What should helping professionals and caregivers know about the program? This session will provide a broad overview of the Medicare program’s Parts A and B as well as introduce the CMS National Training Program as a resource for further training and information.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
How to Join
You may connect via the Department of Defense Connect system or Ustream.
- Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on MFLN’s Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.