- This event has passed.
Trans Fat Update
February 25, 2016 at 11:30 am-12:30 pm EST
For CPEU, please complete the webinar evaluation.
CPEUs for RDNs are no longer available for this event.
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), there are two types of trans fats found in foods, naturally occurring and artificial. Participate in this informative, free webinar to learn the differences between these two types of trans fats and the effects on heart health.
- The participant will be able to explain the science behind trans fats in formulated foods and naturally occurring trans fats.
- The participant will be able to discuss the heart health implications of trans fats in the diet.
- The participant will be able to identify the sources of trans fats in the diet and educate clients/patients in selecting foods to reduce their trans fat intake.
Kristi Crowe-White, Ph.D., RD
University of Alabama
Approved for 1.0 CPEU for RDNs
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the Department of Defense Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on MFLN’s Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
For additional information, check our How to Join page.