- This event has passed.
Parenting During Times of Transition Part 2 – Promoting Effective Parenting During Deployment and Reintegration
February 24, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EST
This is a free professional development webinar presented by MFLN Family Transitions.
This webinar will feature what has been learned from the ADAPT (After Deployment Adaptive Parenting Tools) Project. The presenter will identify how to best support military families coping with the stress of deployment and reintegration with a focus on parenting skills, couple relationships, problem-solving, and effective communication.
- Identify key elements of effective parenting programs
- Describe the family stresses of deployment and reintegration
- Describe what makes a program evidence-based
- Describe why ADAPT is an evidence-based program
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the Department of Defense Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at email@example.com.
- Adobe Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on MFLN’s Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
Dr. Abi Gewirtz is the director of the Institute for Translational Research in Children’s Mental Health at the University of Minnesota as well as Professor in the Department of Family Social Science and the Institute of Child Development. Her research focuses on the development, effectiveness testing, and implementation of targeted prevention programs that promote child resilience among highly stressed families including those affected by military deployment, and war.
Participants will earn a Certificate of Completion
After viewing the webinar, scroll down to the bottom of this page where you will find a link under “Evaluation.” After completing the evaluation, you will be prompted to fill out information needed for your Certificate of Completion. A certificate will then be emailed to you.