- This event has passed.
Nutritional Trends and Implications for Weight Loss Surgery
Tuesday May 24, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
To receive your CDR CPEU Certificate of Attendance for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, please click here.
CPEUs for RDNs are no longer available for this event.
Obesity rates in the U.S are at an all-time high. Health care costs of obesity range from $147 to $210 billion per year. Nutritional Trends and Implications for Weight Loss Surgery is a timely topic. Tune into this webinar for an in-depth discussion on the various types of weight loss surgery, who is a good candidate for weight loss surgery and the benefits and complications of these surgeries.
- Describe and list the types of bariatric surgeries.
- Identify current practice guidelines for MNT in bariatrics.
- Identify key factors in pre-op assessments for long-term success.
Ashley McCartney, MS, RD, LDN
Bariatrics / General Surgery
1.0 CPEU pending approval
If you are unable to join the webinar in progress you can still earn CPEUs by watching the video which will be posted on this page after the webinar.
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via Ustream.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on MFLN’s Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.