- This event has passed.
Nutrition, Exercise and Renal Disease
Tuesday Jun 28, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
In order to receive your CPEU, complete the evaluation. After the evaluation is completed, enter your name and email and a certificate will be sent to you.
CPEUs for RDNs are no longer available for this event.
Tune into this webinar to investigate the efficacy of lifestyle modifications (exercise and dietary factors) on co-morbidities associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD). CKD is a progressive disorder associated with severe metabolic disturbances that greatly increase the risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD), osteoporosis, muscle wasting, and other disorders. This webinar will provide novel information regarding the effects of lifestyle interventions on clinical outcomes and quality of life (QOL) in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- Critically evaluate the scientific rationale regarding dietary sodium, phosphorus, potassium, and fluid restrictions in hemodialysis patients, and why these restrictions may or may not be necessary under different circumstances.
- Better communicate with dialysis patients and hemodialysis clinic staff members the nuances of these dietary restrictions.
- Promote efficacious physical activity programs for hemodialysis patients.
Kenneth Wilund, Ph.D.
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health
College of Applied Health Sciences
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
1.0 CPEU approved.
If you are unable to join the webinar in progress you can still earn CEPUs by watching the video which will be posted on this Learn page after the webinar.
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- Login as a guest.
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s Ustream.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.