- This event has passed.
Mobile Apps for RDNs in Patient Care: What Does the Evidence Say?
Wednesday Sep 21, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
Dietitians, to receive your CDR CPEU certificate, please complete the brief survey about today’s webinar. Afterwards, you will be prompted to input your name and email address and the CDR CPEU certificate will be emailed directly to your email.
This is a free webinar hosted by the Nutrition & Wellness Concentration Area of the Military Families Learning Network.
There are many diet and nutrition apps available for our phones and tablets. This webinar will focus on the apps that are the most widely used by Dietitians and the research that is being done on apps in dietetics practice. Some of the apps discussed will include Calorie King, Fitbit, Weight Watchers, LoseIt, and Sparkpeople.
After this presentation, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the most popular and efficacious health-related mobile apps being used in dietetics practice.
- Objectively evaluate apps for selection in nutrition interventions.
- Explain current developments and future directions in apps research relevant for the dietetics practitioner.
Kristen DiFilippo, MS, RDN, LDN, Ph.D. candidate in Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois
Justine Karduck, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE Ph.D student and Director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics, Univeristy of Illinois
1.0 CPEU for RDNs approved.
If you are unable to join the live webinar, you can still earn CPEUs by watching the video which will be posted on this page within 48 hours after it concludes.
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.