- This event has passed.
VLE Session 4: Exploring the Impact of Moral Injury on Military Families
Thursday Sep 22, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
CEU’s for this event are no longer available. However, we appreciate your feedback via the EVALUATION.
This is session 4 of 4 of the Virtual Learning Event hosted by the MFLN Family Development Concentration Area.
During this 1.5 hour webinar, participants will be given an opportunity to learn about the concept of Moral Injury and the ways in which it can impact service members and their families. In addition, the presenter will assist participants in learning ways in which service professionals and family members can assist those who have been impacted by Moral Injury.
Rev. Rita Nakashima Brock, Ph.D., is Research Professor of Theology and Culture and Director of the Soul Repair Center. A noted theologian, she has lectured all over the world. As Co-Founder of the Soul Repair Center, Dr. Brock has become an internationally recognized expert on the emerging study of moral injury and recovery. Dr. Brock was a professor of religion for 18 years and held the Endowed Chair in the Humanities at Hamline University in St. Paul, MN, from 1990-1997. She has taught courses in Asian religions, philosophy of religion, spiritual biography, and Christian feminist theology.
CEU and Certificate of Completion
We invite you to participate in our upcoming virtual learning event sessions. MFLN Family Development offers various continuing education opportunities for each live session (for up to one year after the live date). The types of CEU’s offered are: National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Georgia Marriage & Family Therapy and Early Intervention Training Program (EITP).
- For more information on how to obtain NASW and Georgia Marriage and Family Therapy CE credits, click here. Have questions? Contact us at MFLNFamilyDevelopment@gmail.com.
- For more information on how to obtain Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) CE credits, click here. Have questions? Contact us at MFLNFDEarlyIntervention@gmail.com
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.
This presentation is not endorsed by the Department of Defense and the information, as well as any opinions or views, contained herein are solely that of the presenter.