- This event has passed.
Virtual Learning Event #3 – Empowering Caregivers and Families
Wednesday Oct 26, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
Military helping professionals identify communication as a significant challenge in their work with Service members and families. This session will provide an in-depth look at effective practices for communicating sensitive topics. Highlighting real-life challenges and solutions, case studies, practices from the field and a panel of professionals will be employed in addressing some of the most pressing communication issues military helping professionals face.
Military helping professionals participating in this session will be able to:
- Identify practices which promote effective communication.
- Apply communication practices which promote trust.
- Identify communication practices which promote client efficacy.
Certificate of Completion
- The Military Caregiving concentration will provide a certificate of completion.
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.