- This event has passed.
Military Blended Retirement System
Tuesday Mar 14, 2017 at 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
This is a free webinar hosted by the Personal Finance concentration area of the Military Families Learning Network.
The Fiscal Year 2016 Nation Defense Authorization Act created a new military retirement system that blends the traditional legacy retirement pension with a defined contribution to Service members’ Thrift Savings Plan account. The new Blended Retirement System goes into effect on January 1, 2018. Speaker Andy Corso will discuss the specifications of the new system, as well as the details for the service members who will be grandfathered under the legacy retirement system.
AFC-credentialed participants can earn 1.5 CEUs. More information about this process is available here. This webinar is approved for 1.5 general CEUs for FinCert Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC).
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or YouTube Live. For tech support for either system, email us at email@example.com. The recording of this webinar will be posted a couple days after the live session.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording here
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.
Andy Corso is Assistant Director of Military Compensation, Retired and Annuitant Pay Project Lead for the implementation of the Uniformed Services’ Blended Retirement System.