- This event has passed.
Thursday Jul 27, 2017 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
Questions? Email MilFamLN@gmail.com
This is a free professional development webinar hosted by the Nutrition & Wellness concentration area of the Military Families Learning Network.
What is gut microbiota? What is the influence of diet on the proper functioning of our gut microbiota? How does the gut-brain axis (GBA) influence the emotional and cognitive centers of the brain? Tune into this webinar to find out more about this timely topic.
Approved for 1.0 CPEU for RDNs
- List the neurological and physiological connections that enable the bidirectional communication between the gut and the brain
- Identify lifestyle, dietary, and microbial influences on the flow and function of signaling molecules along the gut-microbiota-brain axis
- Implement dietary regimens that target the gut and gastrointestinal microbiota to improve or maintain optimal physical and mental health
Hannah D. Holscher, PhD, RD
Assistant Professor of Nutrition
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or YouTube Live. For tech support for either system, email us at email@example.com. The recording of this webinar will be posted a couple days after the live session.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording here
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.