- This event has passed.
The Caregiver in the Room: Considerations for Providers Working with Families
Wednesday Apr 26, 2017 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
To receive CE credits or certificate of completion, please complete this survey.
This training session will examine interpersonal communication skills and strategies for providers collaborating with family caregivers. It will examine the core challenge of how to respect the autonomy of the client while also communicating with his or her family caregiver. Specific topics include protecting face, offering support, and providing comfort. Guidelines for best practices will be discussed.
Leanne Knobloch, Ph.D.
Professor and Director of Graduate Study
Department of Communication
University of Illinois
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to: NASW Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or YouTube Live. For tech support for either system, email us at email@example.com.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording here
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.