- This event has passed.
Hidden Heroes: Caregiver Stress and What to Do About It
Wed May 17, 2017: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
To receive CE credits or certificate of completion, please complete this survey.
May is Month of the Military Caregiver. Join us as we address family caregiving: its role in society, the stress associated with it and the impact caregiving stress can have on a person. Data from a study on a stress management program for military family caregivers will supplement the description of an archetypical military family caregiver. The conclusion of the program will cover how military helping professionals can assist family caregivers.
- Describe prevalence and impact of family caregivers in American society.
- Identify four stressors associated with family caregiving.
- List three ways family caregiving can affect a person.
- Describe how to assist a family caregiver.
Dr. Denise Miner-Williams, PhD, RN
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to NASW Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.