- This event has passed.
Medicaid: Taking Stock of an Essential Program in Uncertain Times
Wed June 21, 2017: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
To receive a CEU credit OR certificate of completion, please complete the evaluation survey found here.
Medicaid is a state-federal program that provides essential services and benefits for low-income families and for many who have special health care needs. Military caregivers and their families may find themselves interacting with Medicaid in cases where TRICARE and ECHO coverage is not enough or when family members are not eligible for TRICARE and/or ECHO coverage. This year, there has been significant discussion about reforming and changing Medicaid in terms of the way it is funded, the services that are provided, and who may be eligible for the program. It is important for military support personnel, caregivers and military families to be aware of developments that are or might be underway in the Medicaid program.
The learning objectives of this webinar are to:
- Provide an overview of the Medicaid program and why it might be important to military families.
- To discuss the relationship of Medicaid to TRICARE and ECHO.
- To review major policy developments relating to Medicaid funding, eligibility criteria, and services.
- To identify resources for military support personnel, caregivers, and families to learn more about Medicaid.
Christopher Plein, Ph.D.
Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service
Professor of Public Administration
Department of Public Administration
John D. Rockefeller IV School of Policy and Politics
West Virginia University
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to NASW Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.