- This event has passed.
Performance Nutrition Considerations for Service Members and Veterans
Tuesday Oct 17, 2017 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
To receive your CPEU CDR certificate please complete the evaluation located here.
Join the MFLN Nutrition & Wellness team and former Army Dietitian Kimberly Feeney, MS, RD, CSSD for this sports nutrition webinar Performance Nutrition Considerations for Service Members and Veterans. Learn how to assess energy needs, macronutrient needs and timing, fluid needs, supplements, and fad diets affecting athletes. Questions? Contact us at MilFamLN@gmail.com.
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Accurately assess energy and nutrient needs and provide a nutrition prescription based on physical activity level.
- Identify potential benefits and risks of popular dietary trends in athletes.
- Objectively evaluate dietary supplements for safety and effectiveness.
1.0 CPEU approved for Registered Dietitians
Kimberly Feeney, MS, RD, CSSD
Experienced Performance Dietitian
Tactical Performance Dietitian, United States Air Force
Prior Army, currently Air Force civilian
How to Connect
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or YouTube Live. For tech support for either system, email us at email@example.com. The recording of this webinar will be posted a couple days after the live session.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording here
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.