- This event has passed.
TRICARE Reforms in 2018
March 28, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
About This Webinar
This webinar will summarize significant reforms to TRICARE, the Department of Defense health plan for military members and their families members, that have occurred as of January 1, 2018 and will occur during 2018. Learning objectives include:
- Identify what the Military Health System is and the mission and goals of the Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Understand the new TRICARE Select health plan
- Understand TRICARE enrollment reforms
- Understand upcoming TRICARE benefit and coverage reforms
Mark A. Ellis is a Senior Health Program Policy Analyst, TRICARE Health Plan, TRICARE Policy and Benefits Office, of the Defense Health Agency (DHA). He is the Department of Defense (DoD) subject matter expert and manager of the TRICARE Select, TRICARE Young Adult program, and the Continued Health Care Benefit Program health plans. He is also a functional expert within DoD for issues relating to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and led a DoD interagency group to comply with its information reporting requirements. Click here for full bio.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The eXtension Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to: Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
To receive a CE credit OR certificate of completion, please complete the evaluation survey.
*The cover image is licensed from iStockphoto.com by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Military Families Learning Network (MFLN), under Member ID: 8085767.