- This event has passed.
Clinical Insight into Vitamin B12
Wed October 31, 2018: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About this Webinar
Great follow-up to our webinar “Plant-based Eating: Enhancing Health Benefits, Minimizing Nutritional Risks” Learn more about vitamin B12 deficiency, assessment methods, and the role of B12 in the prevention and treatment of certain health conditions.
1. List populations and groups at risk of vitamin B12 deficiency/inadequate vitamin B12 status?
2. Understand what constitutes adequate vitamin B12 intake
3. Distinguish between reliability of different vitamin B12 assessment methods
- What constitutes adequate vitamin B12 status?
- Indirect indicators of vitamin B12 deficiency
4. Assess the role of vitamin B12 in prevention and treatment of selected health conditions
- Osteoporosis/Bone fractures
- Brain Atrophy
- B12 and EPA & DHA
5. Evaluate the efficacy of different vitamin B12 deficiency treatment options
Roman Pawlak, Ph.D., RD
Department of Nutrition Science
East Carolina University
Author of several books, Dr. Pawlak has lectured internationally about diet and nutrition.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) CREDIT
Click on the button below to receive CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation for this webinar, upon completion a link will be provided to access to the post-test and/or certificate.
Continuing Education Credit