- This event has passed.
At Our Best: Caregiving Today | Kids Serve Too!
Wed July 10, 2019: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Representatives from the Sesame Street Workshop address strategies for connecting with families through the Sesame Street for Military Families website, highlight the importance of self care for providers including ways to overcome obstacles, and offer strategies to develop a self-care plan to meet the needs of caregivers and those that they support.
- Learn how to best address children’s difficult questions and typical behaviors in military caregiving households across four areas:
- Comfort and strength
- Sharing and talking
- Circle of Care
- Review assets related to Transitions to maintain a sense of comfort through military changes
- Explore the online platforms of SSIC and SS4MF
Antonio Freitas is the Senior Content Manager at Sesame Workshop. Here, he works to develop content and professional development resources and course for Sesame Street In Communities. Prior to joining the US Social Impact Team at Sesame, Antonio worked as an early childhood Deputy Director with The Children’s Aid Society in New York.
Sabrina Huda is the Senior Project Manager for various Sesame Workshop initiatives that reach our most vulnerable and underserved kids and their families. As such, she works with key partner organizations that are committed to helping all kids become smarter, stronger, and kinder. Currently, she leads Sesame Street’s initiatives for Military Families plus initiatives spanning from literacy and numeracy to resilience and addressing trauma.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit or a certificate of completion.
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credit has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on July 10, 2021.
- Case Manager: Case Management Continuing Education Credits from the Commission for Case Manager Certification are no longer available for this webinar. However, please complete the above evaluation to give us your feedback.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Military Families
Kids Serve Too! Series
The Kids Serve Too! webinar series supports service providers and education professionals who work with military children and families. This Sesame Street for Military Families and Military Families Learning Network collaborative series invites you to explore resources and strategies related to community violence, military relocation, military caregiving, and young children with special needs.
Learn more about the series, sign up for the mailing list and take a look at the other webinars in this series on the Kids Serve Too homepage!