- This event has passed.
Culinary Medicine: Where Health Meets Food
January 24 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About this Webinar:
Join us to learn about culinary medicine and explore the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine at Tulane University that has the first dedicated teaching kitchen to be implemented at a medical school.
The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine at Tulane University provides hands-on training for medical students through culinary medicine classes as well as continuing education for healthcare and foodservice industries. It offers practical community cooking classes, hands-on community outreach, and instruction in a strategic relationship with community organizations.
- Define culinary medicine and its application to patient care
- List and translate the 9 fundamentals of the Mediterranean Diet to relevant clinical teaching points
- Demonstrate food-first techniques to educate patients on food as medicine
- Describe growing culinary medicine initiatives at Tulane University and across the US
- Review research initiatives highlighting the impact of hands-on cooking classes on medical professionals’ and community members’ dietary habits, attitudes and competencies regarding nutrition
- Explain how culinary medicine initiatives present a multi-disciplinary approach to nutrition that strengthens the relationship between the health team (physicians, dietitians, nurses, pharmacists), while improving patient health outcomes
Leah Sarris, RD, LDN
Director of Operations/Executive Chef
Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine
Instructor of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine
Certified Culinary Medicine Specialist (CCMS)
300 N. Broad St. Suite 102
New Orleans, LA 70119
1.0 CPEU for Registered Dietitians
Click the button below for CDR CPEU certificate
We are pleased to offer 1 CPEU for Registered Dietitians for this webinar. You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
CPEUs are available for up to 1-year post-webinar date.
Complete the evaluation, fill in with your name and email and your certificate will be emailed to you.
image: Photo by Katie Smith on Unsplash