- This event has passed.
Detour Ahead: Planning for Contingencies on Your Caregiving Journey
May 23, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar
Like many things in life, caregiving is a journey, not a destination. Even the best laid plans – or map, if you will – have unintended obstacles and barriers resulting in a change of direction. While the caregiver cannot anticipate every scenario, there are some common issues that caregivers may be able to anticipate. Too, knowing there may be detours ahead may be able to help the caregiver better cope when problems arise. This session will explore some common issues in caregiving and provide some tips for when these detours occur. We will also discuss some critical thinking/decision-making skills that can help caregivers take apart and analyze unanticipated detours.
- Describe elements of a care contingency plan
- Identify decision-making frameworks for responding to contingencies
- Apply decision-making frameworks to common caregiving scenarios
Andrew Crocker, MS, is the Extension Program Specialist II in Gerontology and Health at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. Mr. Crocker’s focus is to support education and outreach regarding the health and well-being of the aging population in the State of Texas. His main role is to support the County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences in the outreach efforts to older adults, caregivers and professionals who serve them. His is part of the national team of faculty from land-grant universities to provide professional development opportunities to military helping professionals.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The eXtension Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to: Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
*The featured image is licensed from iStockphoto.com by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Military Families Learning Network (MFLN), under Member ID: 8085767.