- This event has passed.
American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF)
Wed September 29th: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About this Webinar
This webinar will provide information about the American Red Cross’ Service to Armed Forces (SAF) program that provides various services and resources to service members, veterans, and their families. The webinar will feature a presentation from a Red Cross Regional SAF Management representative. There will be a special emphasis on Red Cross Resiliency Workshops which will be previewed through a brief introduction featuring a portion of a workshop to serve as an example of the service.
- Review the American Red Cross’ mission and congressional charter to serve military personnel, veterans, and family members.
- Identify various programs, services, and resources offered through the American Red Cross’ Service to Armed Forces Program.
- Introduce and preview new American Red Cross efforts to provide Resiliency Workshops for military personnel and families.
Regional & International Service Program Officer
Red Cross Services to Armed Forces
Ed Helphinstine is the Regional Service to the Armed Forces and International Services Program Officer for the Central Appalachian Region of the American Red Cross. . He is a results-oriented professional with nearly 30 years of experience leading and managing complex and diverse teams. Ed has been with the American Red Cross for five years, beginning his career with the Red Cross as a Disaster Program Manager. In his current role, he ensures that the needs of service members, veterans, and their families are met with compassion in a geographic region of 77 counties. He is a former US Army Officer and has extensive experience and a proven record of successfully leading, building, and training teams in austere environments. This experience includes training and mentoring the leadership of the Afghan Special Operations Division Intelligence Battalion, managing a multi-million-dollar overseas counternarcotics program, and directing all Intelligence activities for Special Forces in Afghanistan. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.
Paul Helo, DMH, MSW
Red Cross Services to Armed Forces
Paul Helo joined the Red Cross with his wife after retiring in January of 2016 from a career in the Federal Prison System as a Social Worker. As a Red Cross volunteer, Paul became involved in both Disaster Mental Health and Services to the Armed Forces. It is his way of paying it forward as he was not able to enlist due to medical problems. Paul has presented over 70 Resiliency workshops to the military and veteran community. His goal is to always make a difference to his audience and the clients he serves.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.