Teens, Sexual Behavior and the Law
Thu November 4th: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
This webinar will focus on successfully communicating necessary legal knowledge with youth. Learn from an evidence-informed, school-based program that provides teens and their guardians with interactive delivery of information and relevant laws to help them make educated and informed decisions regarding relationships, sex, and sexting.
This session will illustrate the program, explain the research behind delivery methods, and share practical lessons learned in the effective implementation of materials.
By the end of this webinar presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss ways to effectively communicate with teens and their guardians about local laws related to consent, internet pornography, and sexting.
- Gain skills for the delivery of information to motivate change in youth behavior.
- Learn the latest research on motivating changes in teenage behavior regarding problematic sexual relationships.
- Discover tools to understand how to communicate the latest findings and research effectively with parents and teens.
- Gain a cultural understanding and demographic differences in the engagement and impact of sexting.
Stacie LeBlanc is the co-founder of The Up Institute and the Vice President of APSAC.
She has created sought-after programs including Beyond Mandatory Reporting; Dear Parents; Teens, Sex, and the Law; and Painless Parenting. Stacie also chairs the National No Hit Zone Committee for the National Initiative to End Corporal Punishment and serves on the National Review Board for the USCCB.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
MFLN Family Development will apply for the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar will offer Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: This program will be submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours.
- Certificates of completion will also be available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
Please revisit this page after the live webinar for updated information on the above CE credits. For questions about continuing education opportunities, email MFLN FD at email@example.com.
- Webinar Flyer | PDF
- Coming soon!
This webinar is part of the Sexual Behavior in Children & Youth (SBCY) Series hosted by MFLN Family Development. For more information on other professional development opportunities on this topic, visit the series homepage!