The 2018 MFLN Virtual Conference: Cultural Competency Awareness, Action, and Advocacy was Sept. 18 – 20, 2018.
This online learning event supports your personal and professional growth in key areas of cultural competency.
Six sessions address topics such as privilege and power, race, equity, dis/ability, intersectionality, authentic dialogue, sexual orientation, gender expression, and health disparities.
The full virtual conference archive is NOW available on the conference schedule below.
- Click titles for recordings, descriptions, presenter information, event materials, and session-specific continuing education credit information and procedures.
- Download and print any of the three Storytelling for Cultural Competence journals to enhance your cultural competence journey and experience.
- Moving Toward Inclusive Practice with Dr. Anne Phibbs is a limited podcast series to help you on your journey toward a more inclusive, culturally-informed way of working. In these conversations, Dr. Phibbs shares tips, ideas and resources to help you seek out diverse stories, practice humility, listen, ask questions and engage with others.
- Keynote: Fundamentals of Diversity and Inclusion (Dr. Anne Phibbs)
- Cultural Competency and Authentic Dialogue (Dr. Anne Phibbs)
- Dis/ability, Race, and Equity (Dr. Maggie Beneke)
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression within Families (Dr. Jenifer McGuire)
- Health Disparities at the Intersection of Race, Ethnicity, and Disabilities (Ms. Barbara Kornblau, J.D.)
- Capnote: Reflecting, Learning and Advocating (Dr. Anne Phibbs & Andrew Crocker)