This time last week, a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck Alaska, causing widespread power outages, roads to rip open, and buildings to break.
The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN), a collaborative multi-state effort by Cooperative Extension Services, and your local Cooperative Extension have resources to help our military service members and their families prepare and recover from an earthquake.
Here are some resources from Oklahoma Cooperative Extension:
- Be prepared for earthquakes
- Secure items in your home to help ensure earthquake safety
- Drop, take cover and hold on in case of an earthquake
- Checking utilities in the aftermath of an earthquake
- Checking inside and outside the home for earthquake damage