Hurricane Michael recently left a trail of destruction across the Southeast, leaving communities and families devastated. Cooperative Extension is here to help in response to critical times during a natural disaster like a hurricane.
With a nation wide system, the Cooperative Extension service can share pertinent information through Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) from states that experienced the impacts of a hurricane; helping the Extension Educators identify and respond to the needs of families and communities.
Research-based information from Cooperative Extension
Preparation for a Hurricane
- Hurricane Prep: What to Put in Your ‘Go Bag’
- If You Don’t Leave – Establishing a Safe Place
- Hurricane Season: How to Prep for a Power Outage
- Prepare for Hurricane Season with Plenty of Non-Perishable Foods
- Prep Your Pets for the Stormy Weather of Hurricane Season
Recovery from a hurricane