Last year, Carol Kando-Pineda and Patrick Campbell hosted the webinar “Student Loans & Service Member’” and a number of resources were shared. If you missed this event, we collected the links and documents shared by presenters and participants.
Be sure to join us today for a webinar on Paying for College: The Forever GI Bill and Repayment Plans. The free webinar starts at 11 a.m. ET. RSVP here.
- Servicemembers Student Loan Fact Sheet: http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/201604_cfpb_servicemember-student-loan-guide.pdf
- Service Member Benefits Database, for searching for scholarships: https://www.nrd.gov/
- Student Veteran’s of America: http://nvest.studentveterans.org/
- College comparison tool: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
- GI Bill Comparison Tool: https://www.vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
- College Scorecard: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
- Student loan resources for service members from FTC: https://www.military.consumer.gov/search/site/student%20loans
- Federal Student Aid scholarship search: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
- What Members of the U.S. Armed Services Need to Know About Student Loan Benefits: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/military-student-loan-benefits.pdf
- Student loan resources for service members from CFPB: https://search.consumerfinance.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate=cfpb&query=service+members+student+loans
Interested in watching the recording of the webinar?
Find copies of the presentation slides, supporting resources, a link to quiz required to earn 1.5 CEUs for AFC-credentialed and CPFC-credentialed participants here.
Got a question that wasn’t answered in the webinar? Leave it here and we’ll reach out to Carol Kando-Pineda and Patrick Campbell to get an answer.