Greetings and welcome to this month’s edition of “Network News” from the Military Families Learning Network!
During the month of September, the Family Development concentration area of the Military Families Learning Network will host their 2016 Virtual Learning Event (VLE). This four-part part event will focus on Strengthening the Family CORE. While military families face unique challenges, they possess an inherent ability to rise and meet them. Each of the 90-minute sessions has been designed to equip military service providers with tools to join with these families in an effort to continue their path of resilience. It is our hope that these sessions will enhance your knowledge, strengthen your skills as a service provider, and guide your work with these amazing families. Follow the links below to register for each session or head to the VLE landing page for complete information.
- Date/Time: September 1, 2016 at 11:00am EST
- Description: This 1.5-hour webinar will identify barriers and strategies associated with advocating for services in addition to providing resources that can assist in the navigation of advocacy.
- Date/Time: September 8, 2016 at 11:00am EST
- Description: This 1.5-hour webinar will introduce participants to the Routines-Based Interview to learn from the families they serve.
- Date/Time: September 15, 2016 at 11:00am EST
- Description: This 1.5-hour webinar will offer valuable information on the utilization of play therapy in the effort to rebuild attachment with children in military families. The presenter will describe the unique strengths of and risk factors for military children and families and explain the benefit of play therapy. The adaptation and application of techniques for working with trauma and grief to military children and families will also be presented.
- Date/Time: September 22, 2016 at 11:00am EST
- Description: This 1.5-hour webinar will provide information on the idea of moral injury and the ways in which it can impact military service members and their families.
Don’t forget to tune in for one or all of our August professional development webinars! For a complete listing of upcoming events, visit http://www.extension.org/62581.