Spotlight: Virtual Learning Events
The Military Families Learning Network provides virtual learning events (VLEs) for military family service providers and other interested professionals serving military families. Our VLEs consist of several sessions centered around a common theme, providing unique engagement and in-depth discussion opportunities. This year we are offering three VLEs hosted by the Personal Finance, Military Caregiving and Family Development concentration areas. For this edition of “Network News,” we are highlighting the Personal Finance VLE taking place June 14-16. Be sure to subscribe to the MFLN monthly email update to receive news on the other VLEs as well as our regularly scheduled programming: http://extension.org/62831.
Personal Finance VLE: “Enhancing Financial Fitness”
The Personal Finance VLE is a three-day web-based event aimed at connecting personal finance managers and educators working with military service members with research, resources, and each other. Taking place June 14-16, this event will focus on the research, traits, and behaviors that lead to financial success. Being “financially fit” means having financial understanding and the capability to make positive financial decisions. Visit the VLE homepage at http://extension.org/70421 or check out the individual sessions below.
- Tuesday, June 14, 11 am-12:30 pm ET: What is Financial Fitness & How is it Measured? https://learn.extension.org/events/2591
- Wednesday, June 15, 11 am-12:30 pm ET: Positive Personality Traits of Financially Fit People https://learn.extension.org/events/2592
- Thursday, June 16, 11 am-12:30 pm ET: Wealth Building with Savings, Investing & Windfalls https://learn.extension.org/events/2593
- Thursday, June 16, 1 pm-1:30 pm ET: VLE wrap-up session https://learn.extension.org/events/2594
Did you miss last year’s virtual learning events? Not to worry! You can still view them in our archives to obtain continuing education credit.
- Personal Finance: Motivating Clients to Develop Positive Financial Behaviors
- Military Caregiving: Reimagine Your Skills as a Helping Professional: Working with Military Family Caregivers
- Family Development: Family Violence: Increasing Professional Knowledge, Prevention & Integration
June is chock full of professional development opportunities. We invite you to join us for any or all of them!