Looking for something to enrich your daily commute or for a unique professional development opportunity? Look no further! For this month’s “Network News,” we’ve rounded up a variety of podcasts and audiocasts from across the MFLN for your listening pleasure. You’ll find expert interviews, practitioner perspectives, mindfulness practices, and more.
If you are new to the world of podcasts and audiocasts, we recommend you give them a try. You can listen on any portable device or on your desktop with just the click of a button. Below you’ll find a comprehensive list of the podcasts and audiocasts currently available from the Military Families Learning Network.
- The Family Transitions concentration area has developed a rich variety of bite-sized audiocasts ranging from 5 to 15 minutes in length. You’ll hear personal stories from couples in transition and perspectives from practitioners and researchers in the field of military family transitions. A series of blog posts is also available as a supplement to several of the episodes. Find the complete listing of Family Transitions’ podcasts on their blog page: /life-cycle-transition-support/podcasts/
- Got mindfulness? The Military Caregiving concentration area offers a 3-part audiocast series on mindfulness practices you can implement in your daily life. If you are a SoundCloud user, you can access the series by following MFLN Military Caregiving. The complete series is also available on the Military Caregiving blog page.
- Sit down with Dr. Karen Chapman-Novakofski of the Nutrition & Wellness concentration area as she dives even deeper into the latest trends and research with webinar presenters. Listen in by heading to the Nutrition & Wellness blog page: /tag/mflnnwaudiocast/
- The Family Development concentration area will be releasing a 5-part podcast series entitled “Anchored” early this summer. The episodes will delve into the real life struggles and topic areas that many families encounter and practical solutions used to lessen ripple effects. Further information on the series is available on Family Development blog page: /family-development/programming/podcasts/
As always, we’ve got an array of professional development webinars on tap for May. Be sure to tune in for one or all. To stay in the loop with all the latest from the MFLN, you can:
- Sign up for our monthly email update – www.extension.org/62831
- Check out the webinar listing (upcoming & archived) – www.extension.org/62581