How much do you know about Medicare?
Test your knowledge with our Medicare trivia questions!
- Did you know Medicare can pay for pregnancy tests? Medicare is not limited to people 65 and older. Those with certain disabilities could also be eligible for Medicare. Medicare is good about paying for services that are medically necessary.
- Medicare does not pay for long-term care. If you are in need of long-term care you might consider looking into private health insurance or Medicaid.
- Will Medicare cover you in a foreign country? No, if you are going to travel while on Medicare you will need an alternative health coverage.
- Medicare is the largest health care insurance program and the second-largest social insurance program in the United States. The Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) is the single largest payer for health care in the United States.
- President and First Lady Truman were the first Medicare Beneficiaries. President Truman received the first Medicare card.
For more information on Medicare, including what all it covers and what plans might be best for you, check out our Back to Basics: Medicare Webinar recording.
This MFLN-Military Caregiving concentration blog post was published February 12, 2016.