Join us this month as we host our FREE military caregiving professional development webinar, featuring presenters from the RAND Corporation. *No registration is required.
- Date: June 19, 2014
- Time: 11:00 am Eastern
- Location: Hidden Heroes: America’s Military Caregivers
Military caregivers play an essential role in caring for injured or wounded service members and veterans. Yet playing this role can impose a substantial physical, emotional, and financial toll on caregivers. This presentation will provide an overview of RAND’s recent study that examined the magnitude of military caregiving in the United States and assessed the array of policies, programs and services available to support the men and women who render this care.
Rajeev Ramchand, Ph.D., Senior Behavioral Scientist and Terri Tanielian, MA, Senior Social Research Analyst from RAND will present findings from the study and highlight:
- The size and makeup of the military caregiver population
- Differences between caregivers who support pre-9/11 and post-9/11 service members
- The burdens experienced as a result of performing caregiving duties
- Gaps in services and supports
- Recommendations for providing better support for military and veteran caregivers now and in the future.
Continuing Education Credit
1.00 Continuing Education credit hour will be available through the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) to credentialed participants. Note: The following states do not accept national CE approval programs and require individual program/provider application processes: California, Michigan, North Carolina, and West Virginia. For more information on how to receive credit go to the event page.