By Molly C. Herndon
Thank you to those of you who joined us for the Feb. 2 Foreclosure & Housing for Military Families web conference. We had participants from all over the globe and positive feedback. What a wonderful way to launch our web conferences for 2012!
If you were not able to join the session, you can still benefit from the great information shared by presenter Laura Royer. To view the recorded 90-minute session, click here.
Some great conversations were held in the chat box during the presentation, which, if you were too busy listening, you can review in the recorded session. Some of these topics will serve as FAQs on the topics of foreclosure and mortgage lending. Others have inspired future blog topics.
Also in the chat box, many participants shared great online resources. Below, we’ve compiled some of these resources. If you know of other resources, please share them in the comments section.
- Expansion HAP by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Home Foreclosure & Debt Cancellation from the IRS
- Department of the Treasury – Expanding Our Efforts to Help More Homeowners & Strengthen Hard-Hit Communities
- HUD – Questions & Answers for Reservists, Guardsmen and Other Military Personnel
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Help for Struggling Military Homeowners
- Making Home Affordable – Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA)
- Federal Trade Comission – Mortgage Assistance Relief Scams
- Foreclosure Redress
- Find a HUD counselor
- 24-Hour Helpline for Homeowners: 888-995-HOPE (4673)
Please join us on Thursday, Feb. 23 for another great web conference on “Talking to Military Kids About Money.” For more information, visit the event page.
Author: Molly C. Herndon (+Molly Herndon)